It is just so amazing if a certain product does a lot of things. The TP-Link TL- WA801ND N300 is a not only a WiFI repeater, but it also has different modes as well. You can have it as an access point, or a hub to connect wired devices to.
The N300 is an inexpensive solution for eliminating deadspots. It employs the MIMO (Multi Input, Multi Output) and CCA (Clear Channel Assessment). The former is where you can use the N300 as a hub or a wireless repeater. The latter is where it goes to a specific channel that offers the most speeds.
Here are the N300’s technical specifications:
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps makes it ideal for high bandwidth consuming or interruption sensitive applications like video streaming, online gaming and VoIP
- Fully compatible with 802.11b/g products Detachable antenna allows for stronger antenna upgrades
- Standards: IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b Interface: 1x 10/100 RJ45 Ethernet Port, Supporting PoE Antenna: 2x 4dBi Detachable Omni Directional Antenna
- Wireless Signal Rates:11n: Up to 300Mbps(dynamic) 11g: Up to 54Mbps(dynamic) 11b: Up to 11Mbps(dynamic)
- Frequency Range: 2.4-2.4835GHz Wireless Transmit Power: 20dBm(MAX) Modulation Technology: DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK, OFDM, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
- Receiver Sensitivity:270M: -68dBm@10% PER 130M: -68dBm@10% PER 54M: -68dBm@10% PER
- 11M: -85dBm@8% PER 6M: -88dBm@10% PER 1M: -90dBm@8% PER
- Wireless: AP Mode Multi-SSID Mode AP Client Mode Repeater Mode (WDS / Universal) AP+ Bridge mode (point-to-point / point to Multi-point)
- Access Point Mode- This is the default mode that the N300 comes with. The N300 connects to an existing network via a LAN cable, and it is able to rebroadcast the network throughout your home and office.
- Repeater Mode- Same as above, only this time, it connects as a WiFI repeater. It means that you do not have to wire the N300 through a LAN cable to get an internet connection.
- Client Mode- In this mode, the N300 acts as a hub where you can connect other devices so that it can have internet connection. Such appliances are Smart TVs, Game console, etc.
- Bridge Mode- This mode allows the N300 to be an external adapter that transmits internet signals to various devices. This is perfect for public Wi-Fi connections.
- Multi-SSID Mode- Create up to 4 different SSIDs for different users. This is a good choice if you want to separate guests and home users.
With its variety of functionalities and features, what do customers have to say about the N300?
Blanche: “I really like the router. Signal is strong throughout the house, about 2,400 sf. Setting up is a brief. The price is just right. You can’t beat this price with this great product. I highly recommend it!!!”
Liam: “For the money this is the best access point on the market. with 8dBi TP link antennas replacing the factory ones I am seeing 26dBi power. Plays well with multiple brands of wifi cards. Kids can stream two videos at once now without locking up my web browsing. Happy camper here.”
With a host of features that caters to a number of users, the N300 is an inexpensive solution for all your internet computing needs. The N300 costs $22.38.